Work with us!
Water's Edge Village School is currently seeking applications for an Exception Children Classroom Assistant.
Responsibilities of Classroom Assistant: The Exceptional Children’s Teacher’s aide will work with students with specified needs who are eligible for special education programs and services as determined by the IEP Committee. He or she will work with the four teachers, one who is also the Exceptional Children’s Teacher. Responsibilities include working one-on-one with student/s and offering classroom help as well as some weekly lunch/recess assistance. Assistant will be expected to help students based on activities determined by Exceptional Children’s Teacher using established standards plus assist students in that work. Assistant will aid teachers in daily light cleaning duties at conclusion of each day.
Ideal candidate will:
· Have positive experience and confidence with elementary/middle school students
· Be able to work both independently and collaboratively with all teachers
· Take instruction/guidance from our Exceptional Services Teacher
· Be comfortable with hands-on and web-based learning
· Hold an Associate’s Degree or higher
· Be amenable to receiving training as needed in Special Education and autism
· Be a team player with a positive, goal-oriented attitude and can-do mentality.
$14/hr+ depending on education/qualifications
Hours: at least 8:30am-2:30 pm M-F, starting late August 2018 and working through the first week of June 2019.
Application: Please email to email@example.com by Friday, June 22, 2018 scanned single-document pdf of: